The villa was constructed around the
middle 1800’s by Prof. Luigi Paolotti, a Baron of a noble Perugian family, relative of
Prince Barberini of Rome, Pope
Pio IX and Napoleon III.
It was the family’s country house, one of many they owned
in the area of Bettona, a small town of etruscan origins
situated amongst green hills of olive trees and woods at
very short distance from Perugia and Assisi.
After a brief period of abandonment,
the heirs renovated carefully, respecting the
original plan of their ancestors and paying
especial attention to the frescoes in the sitting room, the
upper hall and the bedrooms.